Mr. Parijat Bhattacharjee
Private Consultant Gynaecologist FRCOG FICOG
Mr. Parijat Bhattacharjee (FRCOG FICOG) has had extensive experience in all aspects of the specialty during his Specialist training in the U.K for Gynaecology & Obstetrics including at Royal London & St. Bartholomew’s, Royal Free, University College London, St. George’s and University of Leicester hospitals. Prior to this, he had postgraduate training in India for Gynaecology & Obstetrics. He is the Lead for Gynaecology Cancer Services in London North West University Hospitals Healthcare Trust.
Mr. Parijat Bhattacharjee (Consultant Gynaecologist & Obstetrician) had further trained as a Clinical Research Fellow for two years at The Early pregnancy, Gynaecology Ultrasound and Minimal Access Surgery unit at St. George’s Hospital, London and as a Senior trainee at the Minimal Access Therapy unit at the Royal Free Hospital. He also trained in the management of Infertile couples at the Reproductive Medicine Unit (now, The Centre for Reproductive and Genetic Health) at University College Hospital London.
He has trained in all aspects of Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic surgery including Hysterectomy, endometrial ablation for abnormal bleeding, fibroid removal, ovarian cyst excision, treatment of endometriosis for management of infertility or pelvic pain. He trains in various Minimal Access Surgery & Ultrasound courses including RCOG (Royal College of Obstetrics & Gynaecology), BSGE (British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy) & ISRSFT (International Society of Reproductive Surgery & Fallopian Tubes). He has Royal College of Obstetrician and Gynaecologists (R.C.O.G.) Advanced Skills accreditation in Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic surgery and Gynaecology (and Early pregnancy) scanning.
He offers specialist treatment in Gynaecology ultrasound and Early pregnancy problems including recurrent and late miscarriages, poor obstetric history, ectopic pregnancies and in One – stop Gynaecology clinics , particularly for pelvic pain and irregular or heavy vaginal bleeding including fibroids, ovarian cysts and endometriosis. He provides his expertise in ultrasound scan at the initial clinic consultation and provides a comprehensive treatment and follow up including surgery, if necessary. He was involved in the ovarian cancer screening programme at St. George’s Hospital and ultrasound and hysteroscopic assessment in peri and postmenopausal bleeding.
Publications and Presentations:
He has presented extensively in National and International conferences including at Blair Bell Lectures (Nottingham), ISUOG (Hamburg and Prague) and RCOG World Congress (London, Hyderabad, Cape Town, Singapore), FIGO (Rome), ESGE (Anatalya).
He has been on the editorial board for abstracts / presentations for RCOG world congress 2014 (Hyderabad, India) & 2020 (Muscat, Oman) and on the panel for setting up a question bank for MICOG examinations.
He is the Joint editor of the Newsletter of the International Society of Reproductive Surgery (ISRS). Parijat is on the Editorial board of the BMUS journal, Ultrasound (2018 - 2020).
He is the Lead in Research in his department at London North West University Hospitals and is conducting multiple national and international studies.
He has co-authored a book on MRCOG examinations.
He is a reviewer of abstracts of the British Medical Journal.
Mr. Bhattacharjee is actively engaged in research and teaching.
He is a trainer & Faculty for the MRCOG courses of the RCOG.
He is Examiner of MRCOG examinations of the RCOG.
He is a Faculty of RCOG/ BSGE courses in Hysteroscopy & Laparoscopy
He teaches (Faculty) in Advanced Ultrasound & Reproductive Surgery of ISRSFT
He trains postgraduate trainees from Imperial College School of Medicine and is an examiner in the MBBS examination of Imperial College.
He is a trainer for MRCOG examinations in the Enhanced Learning Programme by the Royal College of Obstetrician & Gynaecologists, UK.
He is a member of the DRCOG examination subcommittee of the RCOG.
He regularly invigilates in MRCOG & DRCOG examinations.
He trains postgraduate trainees for RCOG Advanced skills modules in Laparoscopic and Hysteroscopic surgery and in Gynaecology ultrasound.
He is also a Faculty of the WHO / RCOG / LSTM courses for Life Saving Skills to reduce Maternal and Infant mortality and travels overseas extensively to lecture and train trainees in Obstetrics & Gynaecology and Midwifery.
He is also a Faculty in various Minimal access surgical courses, Ultrasound courses and Consultant training courses (London Deanery)
SOME OF HIS PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Air Embolism at TCRF: A case report, RCOG World Congress, 2020 (Muscat, Oman)
- Parijat Bhattacharjee, Sharmishta Guha, N. Mishra, Francis Ayim: Succeeding in MRCOG Part 2(Book: Nova publishers, November,2016)
- Jessica Farren, .. Parijat Bhattacharjee ,…. Tom Bourne: Ultrasound Diagnosis of Miscarriage (BMJ : October, 2015)
- Leah Quartermain, Hiteshkumar Tailor, Salome Njenga, Parijat Bhattacharjee, Gopal Rao: Neonatal Granulicatella Elegans Bacteremia : Emerging Infectious Diseases : Vol. 19 , No. 7 - July ,2013
- P.Bhattacharjee,A.Matah,A.Dutta,K.Ojha :Laterality, nature of corpus luteum and outcome of pregnancy : Ultrasound in Obst. & Gynae.: P06.02, Vol.34, Suppl. 1, September,2010
- A.Matah,P.Bhattacharjee,A.Dutta,K.Ojha : Role of ultrasound in surgical terminations under seven weeks gestation : Ultrasound in Obst. & Gynae.: P06.05, Vol. 34, Suppl. 1, September,2010
- A.Dutta,A.Matah,P.Bhattacharjee,K.Ojha :Role of follow up ultrasound scan in medical termination of pregnancy : Ultrasound in Obst. & Gynae.: P06.03, Vol. 34, Suppl. 1, September,2010
- Daniel O. Selo-Ojeme,Parijat Bhattacharjee,Monica Omosaiye,Rezan A.Kadir: Risk factors for Obstetrics admissions to the Intensive care unit in a Tertiary hospital : Archives of Gynaecology & Obstetrics ( Springer- Verlag Gmbh ) : February, 2005
- Daniel O. Selo-Ojeme,Parijat Bhattacharjee,Ngozi F. Izuwa-Njoku,Rezan A. Kadir: Emergency peripartum hysterectomy in a tertiary London hospital : Archives of Gynaecology & Obstetrics (Springer-Verlag Gmbh ): February, 2005
- Daniel O. Selo-Ojeme,Parijat Bhattacharjee,Rezan A.Kadir : Effects of pregnancy interval after caesarean section : Archives of Gynaecology & Obstetrics ( Springer-Verlag Gmbh ) : February, 2005
- Adam Magos,Malini Sharma,Lucie Buck,Parijat Bhattacharjee,Lynne Chapman,Argyrios Makris,Osaeloke Osakwe,Jane Salmond : Handheld computers in clinical practice : British Medical Journal : June, 2004
- Mental health in pregnancy, Kuwait city, 2019
- Suspecting molar pregnancy on ultrasound: RCOG World Congress, Singapore, 2018
- Retrospective analysis of 2 methods of endometrial ablation: ESGE, Anatalya, Turkey, 2017
- Operative hysteroscopy under monitored sedation: A safe approach: ESGE, Anatalya, Turkey, 2017
- A tale of 2 ectopic pregnancies: Case summaries: A.E.P.U., Warwick, 2017
- Maternal pyrexia & sepsis secondary to Listeriosis: RCOG World Congress, Cape Town, South Africa, 2017
- Group B Streptococcus in Pregnancy: N.W.London NHS Trust , 2014
- Diagnosis of Miscarriage (DOM study): RCOG, March,2013
- Procalcitonin in Pregnancy: RCOG World Congress, Hyderabad, India, Feb 2014.
- Hyperhidrosis in pregnancy: FIGO: Rome, October,2012
- Vaginal evisceration after hysterectomy: FIGO:Rome, Oct.2012
- Laterality of corpus luteum & outcome of pregnancy :19th World Congress on Ultrasound in O & G: Hamburg, September,2009
- Use of ultrasound in early surgical TOP: 19th World Congress on Ultrasound in O & G: Hamburg, September,2009
- Use of ultrasound in follow up of medical TOP: 19th World Congress on Ultrasound in O & G: Hamburg, September,2009
- Effectiveness of surgical TOP in less than 7 weeks gestation using ultrasound: Annual Blair Bell Society’s meeting: Manchester, December,2008
- Management of ectopic pregnancy (audit): St. George’s Hospital & Medical School Annual meeting: London, September,2008
- Advanced Ultrasound Course, ISRSFT, 2019 & 2020
- Advanced Hysteroscopic Surgery, BSGE/ RCOG, 2018 & 2019
- Faculty, Benign Gynaecological Surgery (Laparoscopy & Open), BSGE/RCOG, 2018
- Faculty, Advanced Hysteroscopic, BSGE/RCOG, 2018
- Basic Surgical Skills Course, RCOG, 2018
- Faculty, Laparoscopy, Hysteroscopy Course, RCOG-ILG, Kolkata, India, 2018
- Faculty, Obstetric & Neonatal Emergency Course, RCOG-ILG, Kolkata, 2018
- Faculty, MRCOG ERP course, RCOG, 2015-2018
- Faculty, LSTM-WHO courses, 2015-2018
- Faculty, Advanced Hysteroscopy course, C&W Hospital, 2017
- MRCOG MCQ & EMQ Book: 2016
- Faculty: Consultant Interview Course: London Deanery: 2015, 2016
- RCOG ATSM Trainer : Laparoscopy , Hysteroscopy , Ultrasound
- Reviewer: Scientific Abstracts: Ultrasound- 2016, 2017
- Reviewer : Scientific Abstracts : RCOG World Congress – 2014
- Faculty: Basic Surgical Skills Course (NWLH)-2011
Fax: 0203 475 2454